Homemaker: What If Scenarios
I began to think: What if something happens in your game play to effect the rules, what then? So I’m writing this post as I think of it and will update it as I go of possible scenarios that can happen in your game and what to do so your challenge isn’t automatically “over.”
1.) One of the Spouses Dies For Any Reason:
- The challenge is not necessarily over if either the Breadwinner or Homemaker dies.
- It does mean however your Sim must remarry and any children previously born do not count. All four children must share DNA of two parents. So if you were three of the four children born then so close but no cigar.
- If your feeling generous, your new spouse can keep the old children or you can move them out or give them up for adoption to make room. This is up to you and how twisted you want to make your story.
- You can use the Elixir of Life if needed to age down your Sim to make these four children.
- If your Breadwinner is the one to survive and also went to University, they can apply to the Paranormal career and obtain the Resurrect-O-Nomitron to bring back their spouse. But do remember there is a time limit and have a 48 hour window when you can bring back your loved one. This also means a 48 grace period where your Breadwinner can 100% take care of your children’s needs but may not teach them any skills such as walking, talking or potty training for toddlers.
- If your Homemaker is the one to survive and all four children have been born then they may not remarry under any circumstances. I hope you have enough finances saved. They can in this circumstances earn money in other ways such as writing, digging for treasure, or money tree is allowed. Hell if you want to make your Homemaker to have to turn tricks to pay the bills, then go for it. Get creative.
2.) Children Get Taken Away for Any Reason:
- Look Mistakes happen, and I’m not going to question your parenting abilities but if any of your children get taken away it’s a minus deduction of the amount children taken. So if you have all four children born and two get taken away then your homemaker must give birth to two more children. Children taken away by the social worker may not be readded to the family household at any time.
3.) What If You have Triplets and Quads:
- This mod goes on the no no list of mods aloud in the game. The max children you can have at any time are one set of twins per generation.
- If you have two sets of twins born in the same generation, the second set only counts as one child for the amount of children needed to pass the challenge. So even though there are 4 children born, it only counts as if your Sim has had 2 children.
- The same goes for Triplets and Quads. If you must insist on having triplets and quads then the same rule applies to more than one set of twins. You might like this idea just to add an extra layer of insanity to your challenge.
4.) What If My Homemaker or Breadwinner has an alien baby or an affair with another townie?
- This technically is already covered in the regular game rules but to emphasis, they do not count towards the challenge. You may have them but your challenge is not considered complete till all four children share DNA between the Homemaker and Breadwinner. Same sex mods are allowed. Have fun with it.
This page is currently under construction and feel free to provide any feedback to expand on these rules.